About the Position
As a back-end developer, you will be responsible for developing, testing, and integrating advanced Rails solutions for EyeBou, between Rails API, and different systems (iOS app, Android, and Magento).
You will participate in the implementation and development of tools and modules for improving the workflow and quality of the solutions EyeBou provides. The development is based on a standard Rails stack (Docker, Kuby, Prettier, Rubocop, Nginx, Puma, PostgreSQL, Hotwire, Stimulus). Quality is assured by static code analyzers, automated testing, and continuous integration servers, while a hybrid of Kubernetes and Capistrano does deployment.
We rely on Rails’s comprehensive feature set, which allows us to develop solutions with cutting-edge technologies.
Who are you?
- You are proficient in one or more back-end server languages (Ruby/Python);
- You have little experience in Java (ideally none);
- You have a knack for writing clean, readable code;
- Excellently understand REST and REST design best practices;
- Proficiency in writing unit test; Understanding of CI/CD;
- Decent knowledge of design patterns and SOLID principles;
- Experience in working with containers;
- You know who’s Djikstra, have respect for Uncle Bob and have read pretty much everything from Martin Fowler;
- You know the importance of constructive criticism and enjoy discussing different points of view;
- You acknowledge and live mantra that jack of all trades is a master of none;
- You are in constant pursuit of professional development.
A plus, not a must
- Understanding of various architectural patterns (Monolith, SOA, Microservices);
- Experience in working with cloud providers (AWS, DO);
- Experience with Kubernetes;
- Experience with issue tracking systems;
- Team leading experience;
What do we offer?
- Working on cutting edge project;
- Flexibility to work from anywhere;
- Respect for your private time;
- A close team of dedicated professionals;
- Paid visits to exclusive locations to meet your team members and product owner;
- Paid summer code-camps on the seaside;
- Opportunity to develop your skills and leave a mark by working with the latest technologies;
- Paid overtime (when you wish to achieve more);
- Help in achieving your goals by continuous professional development and support:
- access to courses, books, and conferences to upgrade your knowledge;
- allowing you to take responsibility for your decisions and make your own choices;
- through the “ask for forgiveness, not permission” approach
How to Apply
Be part of the outstanding team
— We are looking for