What will be your responsibilities?
- Providing help in organizing current server stack in a more unanimous and meaningful way (currently on AWS, DigitalOcean, Hetzner, some instances running as clusters);
- Working with clients such as Arduino and Helthjem (one of Norway’s biggest shipping companies);
- Collaborating with developers and making sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices (Help manage and organize Vagrant machines);
- Overlooking backups and making sure they are smooth and performing well;
- Setting and organizing production deployment process that won’t depend on individual access;
- Setting and maintaining server monitoring, the performance of web servers (Apache, Nginx), caching and databases (Redis, NoSQL, MySQL);
- Performance Management – evaluating existing applications and platforms, giving recommendations for enhancing performance via gap analysis, identifying the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications;
- Picking up the phone and jump on the computer when servers are down;
What do we offer?
- Full-time employment;
- Flexibility to work from anywhere;
- Flexible working hours;
- A close team of dedicated professionals;
- In-office: A configurable environment with high-end equipment, Macs and Herman Miller chairs, fresh fruit, snacks etc.
- Paid overtime (servers can fail, it’s okay to be paid for working hard);
- Access to learning materials and conferences to upgrade your knowledge;
- You have a university degree in software engineering or equivalent hands-on experience;
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in working as a DevOps or Software Engineer with similar problem-tackling;
- You have 1+ year experience with AWS load balancers and EC2 instances;
- You are experienced with virtualization/containers (Docker, Vagrant, LXC/LXD, VMware), cloud platforms (Kubernetes, Azure, AWS);
- You have a passion for software engineering and high-performance build and deployment automation;
- You love improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the development team by making changes to tools and processes;
- You are independent and able to deliver ‘production-ready’ solutions with minimal or no guidance;
- Your English is fluent (you could woo Zooey Deschanel or Ryan Gosling if you wanted to);
- You just have a knack for automation.
How to apply?
Send us an email to email@example.com, tell us a bit or a lot about yourself, what inspires you, and make sure you include your portfolio and links to work you’ve previously done.
Be part of the outstanding team
— We are looking for